Protecting life at all stages
All life is valuable. The value of life is determined by God, not by a so-called “quality of life.” The word “euthanasia” is derived from the Greek language, and literally means “good death.” The practiced of euthanasia, also known as assisted suicide and typically viewed as “mercy killing”, prematurely ends the life of a human being. It is the mirror image of abortion; both reject the value of life.
Assisted suicide is directly opposed to the Hippocratic oath medical professionals take to “do no harm.” It allows a physician to prescribe a lethal dose of medication to kill the patient. The laws that permit physicians to provide “aid in dying,” or so-called “death with dignity,” in fact devalue life. Medical care becomes the breeding ground for insurance fraud and potential abuse of the elderly, disabled, and individuals with low-income.
When life is devalued, no one is helped. Indeed, our entire society is harmed.
Bills & Active Legislation
- Physician-Assisted Suicide is a Dangerous Proposition
- Always Care, Never Kill: How Physician-Assisted Suicide Endangers the Weak, Corrupts Medicine, Compromises the Family, and Violates Human Dignity and Equality
- Study: Assisted suicide Can be Painful, Prolonged and Inhumane
- Protecting Against Involuntary Euthanasia by Providers
- The Point: The Rush to Death
- Is Assisted Suicide Really Compassionate?
- Assisted Suicide: How One Woman Chose to Die, Then Survived
- On a Slippery Slope, Canadian Hospital Unveils Physician-Assisted Suicide Plan for ‘Sick Kids’
- Do No Harm: The Peril of Physician-Assisted Suicide
- Map: Assisted Suicide in the States
This page is under construction. We are constantly adding new content to our site. Connect back with us in a few days for updates.